Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Being Thankful

The dogs want to be fed the first thing in the morning and as I was taking care of them my
husband called me to hurry up and come into the greatroom. There were 4 Sandhill Cranes
eating in our yard.

What amazing birds! It was a family. Mommy, Daddy and two babies. The picture is a
little blurry since I took it with my phone. Seeing these beautiful birds just reminded me how
thankful I am to live where we we do.

I have seen improvements in my MS symptoms since I have had my HSCT. My foot
drop is better. My fatigue is pretty much gone and I am sleeping better than ever.
I can bend the toes on my right foot. My balance is much better and I am riding my
bike.
I have posted before that I am walking 1-2 miles a day. My dogs are very happy that they
get to go for walks again! My husband has been great going for walks with me. He has
been great throughout this whole thing! We tried out a new trail the other day and it just
felt great to get out!


I saw my neurologist last week and he is very happy with my symptom improvements.
We never went into this expecting my walking or anything else to improve. I think that
he must have done some research on HSCT since he saw me last. Before I left for
Israel, my neuro ordered all the tests that Prof. Slavin wanted, but he wasn't thrilled
about it. Now, he told me he thinks HSCT will be a standard treatment and that he
believes the FDA will 'fast-track' its approval because people are getting very 
discouraged (I can't remember the exact words he used) with the pharmaceutical 
companies charging so much for MS drugs.  

My neuro also ordered more Physical Therapy for me for a total of 12 weeks. 
My PT is great and is focusing on the muscles in my right leg and side that have
atrophied over the last 3-4 years. Dragging your right leg behind you will do that!
She has me doing exercises that are very focused on small muscles and lots of 
balance exercises also. She wants me to use walking sticks when I go for a walk.

Happy Birthday Marilyn!!!
My first dinner out was on Saturday night. We went to a very nice restaurant. It was
very fitting to have my first dinner out with our good friends, Marilyn and Anders.
I am so thankful for Marilyn and having her be with me during our time in Israel.
She took such great care of me. I will forever be grateful for our friendship.

First dinner out! 
My hair has finally started growing back. It is blond and fuzzy. I live in my pink
baseball hat.  

My mom is in a nursing home. She has dementia. They had the Hyalite Country
Care Olympics last Friday. I just wish my mom could know what this treatment
was and would have been a part of it. She would be so happy!

Mom, Dad and Cody

















No comments:

Post a Comment