Saturday, July 11, 2015

+65 Days

I went to the grocery store by myself this morning! I went early so that there were
not many people there yet. It felt great to get out and go into a store! I was extra
careful. I had a handful of anti-bacterial wipes and used them to sanitize the cart
handle and everything that I touched! There were very few people in the store and
I didn't go near anyone. I'm still a germaphobe and will be for a few more months.

My Monday appointment with the oncologist/hematologist went really well. She is
very happy with my blood tests, which are all within normal range. She ordered
Physical Therapy and I have am going 2 days a week. The exercises are hard, but
feel great. She has me doing exercises to build back the muscle that has been lost
over the last few years of dragging my foot behind me. It is a great feeling to work
on getting better. She has asked me to go see the nutritionist that they use for the
cancer patients that have gone through chemo. When I called to make my appointment,
the nutritionist knew all about HSCT. Not for MS, but for cancer. I go see her next
week. I'm really not sure how she will help me, but I'm following my doctors
orders.






 I have been walking 1-2 miles a day around our
house. This is the start of the trail system that is
about a block from our driveway. The trail system
in Bozeman is amazing. We take our dogs with
us and they love running in the grass and on the
trail.


Another picture from down on the trail.
You can see our house from this view. I love going to walk everyday!
I am also doing the exercises that my
Physical therapist gave me to do at home.




There was a video posted on Facebook a few days ago of the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
at Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem. It was so fun to watch! I saw a few of the nurses that took
care of me and a couple of my doctors in the video. As I have said many times, the care is
amazing there! Here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment