Tuesday, May 26, 2015

+19 Days

My day is going really well. We went up to the CTCI clinic and my first surprise of the day is
that my PICC line was removed! This was a good thing. I can't wait to have a shower
without putting plastic wrap on to cover the PICC line. Getting the PICC line out was painless.
The only thing that hurt just a little was removing the stitches that held it in place, but that
was just a pinch. I can't say how thankful that I am for the PICC line! It made going
through this procedure much easier.

My blood levels are up as of yesterday when I had blood drawn.

I will be having my blood drawn again tomorrow morning. My second surprise of the
day was meeting with Prof. Slavin. What a kind and humble man. He went over all
of my lab tests and hospital reports. He also talked with me about the meds that I will
have to take for the next 3-4 months. I will be taking Acyclovir 200mg 3 times a day and
Omeprazole 20mg 2 times a day.

My third and biggest surprise was Prof. Slavin telling me that I can go home! He
got his camera out and asked me about any changes that I have has since my HSCT.
I do have a couple of small changes. My right foot has been 'frozen' for a long
time. I was not able to bend my toes. Last week in the hospital, I bent my toes.
This sounds like a small thing, but it is a big one to me! My walking has improved.
I will need to walk everyday to build up my strength. My right leg muscles are very
weak and my right leg looks like a chicken leg. I'll probably go to PT when I get
home.

I just got finished changing our plane tickets and we are going home!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen, good on you for having HSCT for your MS! I live in Whitefish, Montana, and noticed you are from Bozeman. No way, small world...
    I had HSCT done in Moscow last July. I'm going to send you a friend request on FB in case you ever want to connect or if you have any post-HSCT questions. Good luck with the rest of your treatment and safe travels home.:))

    ReplyDelete