Saturday, May 2, 2015

It's started!!

It is Thursday now. I went to the clinic to start my schedule this morning.
Ashraf went over my meds again with us and he took the dressing off of my Picc
line and cleaned it up. He was very efficient and redressed it so it is much
more comfortable.

After the dressing change I received my shot of Lemtrada/Campath of 3mg and
some pills. I know one of the pills was a steroid. Then we waited about a half
hour to make sure that I didn't react to the meds. I didn't have a reaction,
so we went back to the room.

One of our instructions is to take my temperature about 3 times a day and if
it goes to 38 degrees Celsius I have a medication to take and I need to call
the nurse. We went and bought a thermometer at the drugstore this afternoon
since I didn't bring one. Having the drugstore downstairs is so convenient!!

Friday came and went. We just went up to the Business lounge for breakfast.
Since it is Shabbat (What is Shabbat), none of the machines are turned on. So,
no espresso this morning! I was looking forward to oatmeal, but they don't use
electricity on Shabbat. The elevator is even different. it stops on every floor so
buttons don't have to be pushed.

Tomorrow is Sunday, the first day of the week in Israel. I will getting my
Campath the next two mornings and having my Bone marrow aspiration on
Tuesday afternoon along with starting on Fludarabin and Cytoxan.

The week ahead is going to be tough. But, it will all be worth it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment