Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Getting Ready to Go

There are many things to do when getting ready to travel to the other side of the globe. Finding the right clothes after checking the weather in Tel Aviv for the time of year, getting plane tickets, hotel reservations, making a to-do list for your husband because he is going to be home without me for 6 weeks with our oldest son, 3 dogs and a cat, etc...  This is all getting done a little everyday. As I do one thing, there is something that I didn't think of that just pops up!  

The big part of getting ready to go are all the medical test's that I have had to get done. Here is the list that Ruth sent me:

Total body CT (head, neck, chest and abdomen)
MUGA- (Multi Gated Acquisition Scan)
Dental assessment 
Pulmonary function (profusion and lung capacity )
ECG
Blood tests (This is a whole different list - they took about 10 huge vials of blood)

I had to have my neurologist order all of these. Yes, this is a very long list!! The total body CT was with and without contrast, so I had to have an IV put in. Thankfully I was able to have the MUGA after the CT so they didn't have to do another IV. 

All of these test results will be emailed to Tel Aviv and then I will carry them with me on the plane. We leave on April 22nd. The clock is ticking.... 
                                                                                Retro Alarm Clock Isolated Stock Images - 26755954



No comments:

Post a Comment