Thursday, April 2, 2015

The HSCT Article

So, I saw an article about Stem Cell transplants for MS. I know that I saw it online somewhere, but can't remember where!  MS brain, you know :)

Anyone that knows me is aware that I read everything about every subject that I find interesting. So, this subject hit me full on. This article and the blog that it is on was amazing!!

http://themscure.blogspot.com/2011/06/getting-into-hsct-treatment-if-you-have.html

After reading the above article and everything else that is written on George Goss's blog, I had my start!  I also joined an amazing Facebook group, Hematopioetic Stem Cell Transplant -
MS & Autoimmune Diseases.

This group has all the information in the File section that lead me to where I am headed. I ended up
asking a few questions in the Facebook group and the answer's that came back to me were very
inspiring. I met an amazing mom, Anne, that helped her son go to Russia last year for his transplant.
She was pushy at first and I am so thankful for her!! She said to get those application letters sent now!!Worry about the money later!! We FB messaged more than I ever have with anyone!

 My letter's went out to Chicago, Israel, Germany, Russia, Sweden and Italy. I was on my way!

 Little did I know that it wouldn't be that easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment