Sunday, April 19, 2015

HOPE

hope
hōp/
noun
  1. 1.
    a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
    "he looked through her belongings in the hope of coming across some information"
    synonyms:aspirationdesirewishexpectationambitionaimgoalplandesign;More
  2. 2.
    archaic
    a feeling of trust.
verb
  1. 1.
    want something to happen or be the case.
    "he's hoping for an offer of compensation"
    synonyms:expectanticipate, look for, be hopeful of, pin one's hopes on, want;More

I just Googled the definition of hope. I've had many people ask me why I would put myself through Chemo and go all the way to the other side of the Earth to do it. My answer is HOPE. It is such an amazing feeling to have hope for a change! So many things have happened to make going to Israel a possibility. I never dreamed that this treatment was possible. I thought that when my leg stopped working that I would be in a wheelchair someday. That still might happen, there are no guarantees that having HSCT will work, but the odds are amazing. My goal is to stop the MS, any symptoms that start to get better will be a bonus! 

I also have hope for other people that have MS. My hope is that everyone that wants to have HSCT can have it. I want everyone to know that there is a treatment that can stop this disease. 

As I am packing for Israel, I feel so very thankful for my husband, my parents, our two son's, friends that stand by me and many other things. Our youngest son's girlfriend, Brianna, cut my hair this week to get ready for Chemo. It is a little shocking, but so easy to get ready in the morning! 





2 comments:

  1. Love the haircut. It is cute and looks easy to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is all we got,, well that and the strength to keep fighting,,, good luck on your journey

    ReplyDelete