Monday, April 6, 2015

We are going to Israel!!

As I said in a previous entry, I emailed application letters all over the world.  I only received responses from Russia, Chicago and Israel. Russia put me on the list which is about a 2 year wait.  I don't have 2 years to wait.  Chicago asked me to come for an evaluation (that story will have to be in another post).
The email that I received from Israel came from Professor Slavin himself. It was probably a form email, but it sent me in the right direction!  He said that he had forwarded my email to his assistant, Ruth and that she would be contacting me.  I'm not one to follow directions, so I promptly emailed her!  That was the start of more emails that I can count!

Ruth instructed me to email all of my previous MRI results I had to her. She sent me forms to fill out. I also had to get a new MRI and get those results in. I had the new MRI in January 2015. At this time, I thought that we had until late in the year to get ready for my trip to Israel. I was wrong about that!!

My husband and I went on a trip late in February. We drove down to Denver to see family and then stopped to see family and friends in Arizona and Nevada. This was a long road trip over about 2 weeks. I received an email from Ruth, Prof. Slavin's assistant in the middle of our trip. Prof. Slavin is the doctor in Tel Aviv Israel. The International Center for Cell Therapy & Cancer Immunotherapy (CTCI)

The gist of the email was this... They have had two dates open up and Ruth will accept the first people that respond.  Needless to say, I responded immediately on my cell phone.  I took the second date of April 26th, 2015. Having a real date for my HSCT was a very strange feeling.

I received more email from Ruth over the rest of our trip. Prof. Slavin wanted a video of me walking. My husband took a video of me walking in a parking lot in Las Vegas, we sent it. She needed me to get my neurologist or internist to order test's that I need before going. I made phone calls while my husband drove. We got home around February 20th. This didn't leave me with much time to get ready!

I am going to Israel to get a second chance!!





No comments:

Post a Comment